Dr. Gardner has treated thousands of children as a pediatric hospitalist and emergency medicine attending, and brings this experience and love of children to Healthy Kids Company.
As a pediatrician, Dr. Gardner provides practical insight and expert medical information in the areas of general pediatrics, child wellness, growth and development, feeding, diet and nutrition, fitness, weight management, and pediatric emergency medicine.
As a mother of one terrific toddler, Dr. Gardner also understands time constraints, scheduling conflicts, food jags and food refusal, meal planning fatigue, and the occasional tantrum – all barriers to getting a healthy meal on the table and staying active.
- M.D., Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Pediatric Residency, Georgetown University Medical Center
- B.A. with honors, The University of Pennsylvania, College of Arts and Sciences
Affiliations, Present and Past
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP)
- Clinical Instructor, Georgetown University Medical School
- The Obesity Society, one of the leading scientific societies dedicated to the study of obesity
- Obesity Action Coalition, a non-profit organization whose mission is to elevate and empower those affected by obesity through education, advocacy and support
- Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR), while interning as a resident, Dr. Gardner contributed to the publication, "Pesticides in the Diet of Infants and Children"
Dr. Gardner enjoys writing about health and fitness and is a contributing author to The Mommy MD Guide to Losing Weight and Feeling Great.
She is also the author of a children’s book promoting healthy eating habits, An Eating Creed Indeed, Indeed! and is working on her second children's book, An Activity Creed Indeed, Indeed!
When not working, Dr. Gardner can be found playing with her son William and dog Layla, walking (preferably on the beach), or cooking and testing recipes.
It’s no surprise her favorite holiday is Thanksgiving—she’s passionate about family meals and good food! Dr. Gardner’s recipe for health and happiness is to always make time for the people she loves and to be active with them.