This is as easy as it gets! Since most kids like eggs, this is a great option for any time you don't want to have to work too hard.
And because kids universally love breakfast for dinner, you can chalk up another point for this week's Meatless Monday meal. Eggs, check. Frozen hash brown potatoes, peppers, and onions with a little garlic thrown in. Check and done.
Dinner. Is. Served. It's really that simple!
Peppers-n-Eggs with Hash-Browns
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 6
2 or 3 bell peppers (assorted colors; we used orange, yellow and red)
1 pound frozen hash-brown potatoes (16 ounces) or 3 large peeled and grated potatoes
1 large onion, chopped (or 2 small onions)
3 or 4 cloves of garlic, minced fine
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or 1 heaping teaspoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Slice peppers into 6 half inch slices and remove all seeds. Chop the remaining peppers into a small dice.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the diced peppers in the olive oil for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Next, add the onions and continue to sauté until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes more. Add the garlic and parsley; sauté for 1 or 2 minutes more. Place into a bowl and set aside.
3. Spray pan generously with nonstick spray and add the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until browned and a crust starts to form. Add back peppers and reheat.
4. Meanwhile, heat a second skillet (sprayed with nonstick spray) over medium heat and add the pepper rings. Crack the eggs and place one egg into each pepper ring. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until desired doneness. Cover with a lid, if needed.
Additions and Ideas
- Add any other seasonings you like, such as Worcester or Tabasco sauce
Turmeric, cumin or curry also work
NOTES: Look for hash-brown potatoes without added salt, oils or fats
➤ To easily view all of our blogs, visit our Pinterest Board, Blog, Blog, Blog...
➤ For more Meatless Monday Recipes Visit our Pinterest Board Meatless Monday or click on our Meatless Monday tab in the right column
➤ Sign up for our mom-friendly Newsletter in the right column for healthy eating tips, recipes, holiday ideas, health information, child safety, and more !
Did you make this or are you thinking about it? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
We ♥ feedback. Honestly.